Why Is My Outlet Too Hot to Touch?

Problems That Require the Expertise of a Knowledgeable Electrical Contractor

We all know that tinkering with electricity is not a good idea. The best way to resolve electrical problems is to call an electrical contractor. However, many people don’t know how to make the difference between dangerous and deadly-dangerous electrical problems. For this reason, we’ve decided to write a series of articles with the purpose of raising awareness about highly-dangerous electrical problems. In this article, we will discuss about outlet problems.

  • One of the most common, yet dangerous, problems with outlets is that they can heat up to a point where they can catch on fire. There are several culprits that can lead to this.
  • Overloading. Outlets are designed to support a certain load, which is usually way more than an electrical device requires. However, getting over that load makes the outlet prone to overheating and melting. One way an outlet can reach high loads is when extension cords are used. Plugging too many devices into an outlet can lead to overheating.
  • Loose prongs. When the plug does not make proper connection with the outlet, the effect of electric-arc occurs. Electric-arc occurs when electricity travels through the air rather than through the material. This process generates a lot of heat, which can cause problems.

If you’re experiencing such problems, then you should call a professional electrical contractor immediately. A-Line Electric LLC offers quality and reliable services for both residential and commercial clients in Coppell, TX. All you have to do is call us at (469) 831-5681.